This textbook is tailored for those educational programs, such as Economics and Management, which include a first (and frequently the only) course of Mathematics. We have selected some topics which we consider to be fundamental, if not mandatory, for these students:
- the knowledge of Calculus, for functions of one and two variables;
- the use of Calculus in optimization;
- the notion of integral for functions of one variable;
- the language and the elementary techniques of Linear Algebra;
- the basics of Financial Calculus.
Several preliminary examples from applied sciences (mainly from Economics) introduce the theoretical aspects. We have tried to avoid an excessive formalism, in order to quickly reach the fundamental concepts.
Trade Paper: ISBN 9788885486034; $69.95
Pdf: ISBN 9788885486041; $34,99
Lorenzo Peccati is Contract Professor Senior of Mathematics at Bocconi University in Milan, he is a specialist in Financial and Business Mathematics.
Sandro Salsa is Full Professor of Mathematical Analysis at the Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy.
Annamaria Squellati was Lecturer of Mathematics at Bocconi University, Milan and Contract Professor at Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy.